Simple Build system Settings Explained.
- Placement Offset: This is an offset used for building placement, when you spawn the build actor into the world it will inherit this offset, there are also in game functions to adjust the Z value of this offset (up and down)
- Trace Frequency: This is how often the LineTrace will run, increase this value if, for whatever reason, you run into performance issues.
- Max Building Distance: This is how far the player can build away from the Player’s character (or view).
- Enable Permissions: If you want to enable the Permissions system, otherwise the system will not check Ownership of buildings.
- Placement on Landscape Only: If this is disabled, you can place buildings anywhere, the final placement check will ignore if not placed on a Landscape actor.
- Min ZOffset: Minimum Z offset you can lower the “Placement Offset” to.
- Min ZOffset: Maximum Z offset you can increase the “Placement Offset” to.
- Enable Line Trace: You can disable the built in LineTrace timer if you are using a different/your own line trace.
If you disable “Enable Line Trace”, be sure to call this event in your own Tick/Looping event/function. “CL_LineTraceOnClient”